How the Healthplans.com 3-step process works:
1 Zip Code Filter
Above, we ask for your zip code. This will help us provide you plan options in your area since many insurance carriers only operate in certain states or certain parts of states.
2 Applicant Information
In order to provide you with a quote, we need the following information:
- Date of Birth, Height/Weight, and Gender.
- Whom you would like to ensure (yourself, kids, spouse).
- Basic Health information.
- Contact Information for a licensed agent to help you through the process.
3 See Quotes
You will be presented with available plans which fit your profile. Depending on your location and health profile, this could include quotes from Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Aetna, UnitedHealthCare, Humana, Cigna, Kaiser (for CA, CO and OH) and others. You will also be given the option to work with a health insurance agent.
You Can Count on HealthPlans.com for:
Reliable information on private health insurance options
- Transitional and Short-term Health Insurance
- Health insurance for the Self-Employed
- Health Insurance for the recently unemployed
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance
How the Affordable Care Act will affect those needing health insurance
- Under the Individual Mandate rule, all people must have minimal essential coverage beginning Jan 1, 2014
- If a person does not have minimal essential coverage, the IRS will collect a penalty
- By 2016 and after, this penalty will be $695 or 2.5% of annual income, whichever is greater (capped at $2,085 per household)
Helpful guides to choosing the right health insurance option
- How to choose a health insurance plan
- How to avoid lapses in health insurance
- Saving on individual health insurance
Health insurance quotes from top providers such as:
- Blue Cross
- Blue Shield